High-tech production plant for Clean Tech Company
Amminex is a Danish Clean Tech industrial company which has developed a unique ASDS technology for a significant reduction of the dangerous NOx emission from diesel cars. ALECTIA advises the fast-growing company on establishment of a completely new high-tech factory – from drawing board to final production.
Amminex is a Danish Clean Tech company with focus on selling sustainable solutions to the car industry. Amminex develops systems for removal of the harmful NOx (nitrogen oxide) from diesel engine exhaust through addition of ammonia to a catalyst in the exhaust system of the car.
Amminex has development programmes with more of the leading companies within the car industry, and the company’s ASDS technology is considered to be an efficient technology with a large potential for synergy with engine optimization. It enables a very high degree of NOx reduction in the exhaust gas from diesel engines. In this way, the attractive fuel efficiency of diesel cars can be fully utilized. This helps reducing health-related problems with air quality, especially in the cities.
Extensive cross-disciplinary consulting project
Amminex’ future factory of 5,000 m2, exclusive of administration buildings, will be constructed in existing industrial buildings in Nyborg, Funen. ALECTIA’s consultancy services are extremely extensive and complex, as the technology is completely new. ALECTIA has brought a wide range of our cross-disciplinary competences in play, right from processes, automation, ventilation, environment, building works, tender concepts, contract concepts and official approvals to working environment.
ALECTIA’s consultancy includes
- Further development of the production processes (cooling, drying and saturation process, “assembly” including pressing, welding, finished goods control and packing). In the selection of processes, sustainability, energy optimization and recycling are included as essential elements.
- Identification of suitable suppliers and the preparation of a large number of contracts on development and delivery of the necessary production plants and auxiliary systems according to a very tight schedule.
- Follow-up and supervision as regards construction and establishment of the production plants and auxiliary systems at the suppliers (from project proposal to actual production).
- Adjustment of the buildings and the site.
- Responsibility for the environmental and official approvals (EIA screening, risk assessments and simulations).
Senior Engineering Consultant
Claus Lund Poulsen
T. +45 22 209 008
About Amminex – a Danish Clean Tech company
Amminex A/S was founded in April 2005 on the basis of five DTU (Technical University of Denmark) scientists’ work on storing ammonia in metal ammine complexes. Amminex is currently conducting joint development programmes with several leading automotive companies and the Amminex ASDS is considered a viable technology. The Company’s ammonia storage and delivery systems (ASDS) enable an efficient removal of harmful NOx (nitrogen oxides) gases from diesel engine exhaust in e.g. cars and trucks. This allows for an increase in share of clean diesel powered vehicles and benefitting from the high fuel efficiency of diesels. This will reduce health problems related to smog in urban areas. Read more here.